2018 NEMHA & UPHA CH14 Winter Getaway Information
HOTEL RATES ARE GUARANTEED UNTIL JANUARY 30TH!
New England Morgan Horse Association and UPHA Chapter 14 Present!
These organizations will WOW you with some of the industry’s best clinicians, a delicious lunch, a chance to ride some of the World’s Finest Show horses, and an awards banquet to remember!
- Taylor River Farm-
- HOST FARM- 6 Swain Drive, Hampton Falls, NH 03844
- Farm #603-926-7662 and Sarah Gove 603-828-5064
- www.taylorriverfarm.com for directions
New England Morgn Horse Association
Annual Meeting of Members
February 24, 2018
NEMHA Annual Meeting Of Membership - 2/24/2018
OFFICIAL PROXY FORM
Proposed By-Law Amendments
If you are NOT attending the Annual Meeting in person:
download a Proxy Form and a Proposed By-law Amendment Form
sign and mail (Return address is on the Forms)
To Download Proxy Form Click Here
2018 NEMHA Proxy Download
Bylaw Form Click Here:
NEMHA-proxy meeting 2018
NEMHA and UPHA 14 Winter Getaway and Awards Banquets
Friday February 23rd
6:00 Cocktail Hour
7:00 Dinner/ NEMHA Year End Awards banquet- DJ, Photo Booth, oversized Jenga, Cookie Decoratiing!
Menu Includes- Minestrone Soup, Caesar Salad, Vegetable Ravioli with Pesto Cream, Chicken Marsala, Herbed Salmon with Tomato-Shallot Confit, Italian Meatballs, Chef's Vegetables, Freshly Baked Garlic Bread, Tiramisu!!! Chicken fingers and French fried available for the kids!
Saturday, February 24th Clinic Day Schedule
9:00- Registration and Morning Coffee donated by Patti Morrison and Norma Gibney
9:30- LIVE Horsemanship Clinic- Melissa Moore, Phil Fountain, and John Whalen.
- Intro-Transitioning an academy student to show rider- Kristen Cater, Kristin Logan, and Darla Deltorchio
- Melissa and Phil will critique and instruct 6 live riders in a horse show setting on presentation, showmanship skills, and impressing a judge
10:15- Client/ Trainer Relations- Melissa Moore, Phil Fountain, Gary Garone, Scott Nieldlinger
- Contracts- buying and selling horses
- Starting and ending a client/ trainer relationship
11:15: Judging Clinic with Live horses- Melissa Moore, Phil Fountain, Luman Wadhams.
- Intro- Explanation of the MOS System (most three judge systems)
- Live Pleasure Class to be judges by our panel and 4 people from the CROWD!
12:15- PANERA LUNCH- Richard Bourgeault discussing the new CDL restrictions and how the Equine world will need to adjust to them.
12:30- Harnessing with the Best- Melissa Moore, Phil Fountain, Mike Carpenter, and Rodney Hicks
- Work programs for harness horses
- How and why these professionals fit their harnesses the way they do.
- Details of presenting a harness horse differently, with respects to speed and bridle.
1:15- LIVE AUCTION- Bring your boots, gloves, credit cards or check books! We are going to live auction a chance to ride one of these multi World Champions right here at the farm. Checks, Cash, and Credit Cards are all payment options. The auction will support our New England Horse Show Community that participate in the NE Combined Prize List!
UPHA CH 14 and NEMHA want to give back to you by supporting the industry that we all LOVE.
- Cherrydale Acapella - Saddleseat Morgan
- What’s Up - Pleasure Driving Morgan
- Equinoxx Bossanova - Western Morgan
- She’s Irresistible - Saddlebred 5 Gaited
- Epono’s Mio Lio - Morgan Hunter
- CH Spread The Word - Saddlebred
- Dunhaven Truly Impressive - Hackney
- The Mask - Road Pony Hackney
2:30- Afternoon Farewells…. See everyone at The Event Center in Portsmouth!
5:00- NEMHA Annual Meeting- Residence Inn Hotel- Adjacent to The Event Center
6:00- Portsmouth Convention Center for Cocktail Hour
7:00- Buffett Dinner, UPHA and New England Morgan Persons of the Year Awards, and YAA brings us an entertaining game of Professional vs. Amateur Family Feud!
Menu Includes- Mixed Baby Greens, Candied Pecans, tart dried Cranberries, creamy Strawberry Dressing, Tortellini Salad, chilled three cheese filled tortellini, fresh garden vegetables, country olives, in a balsamic Vinaigrette, New England Clam Chowder, Roasted Pork loin with pear-cranberry chutney, Herb crusted Chicken breast, Chef's Selection of Starch and seasonal vegetables & Desserts.
Sunday February 24, 2018
UPHA CH 14 Breakfast